Saturday, February 7, 2015

I just feel in love with Harlem

I just told my husband i just feel in love again.... not with him, but with Harlem! I was researching pictures for the poem that i am about to post. But here is the thing... People, there are no positive pics of us that i could use in this internet media we find so important to us in society today sad but true. But I was able to find an abundance of positivity in images and Renaissance art from Harlem. The positivity that our people had, the love for each other, the class that they had, the appreciation for art and respect for each other... it is up lifting, heart touching, inspiring and refreshing to say the least. So i feel that need to write this month, our month about us not the us that we are being today, but the us we are supposed to be. The us that our grandparents fought for us to be able to be... my February poetry focus will be inspired by the heart and soul and art of Harlem. Our generations are lost but were not gone to waist... we can change the game and we can reclaim our souls and the love of Harlem in us today... hope you enjoy my words, my truth and my poetry... Happy February (Black History we can make our own today).

No comments:

Post a Comment